Why choose us?Our key aim is to prepare students for successful university careers and for life overseas, in part developed through an international style of teaching that inspires critical thinking, debate and application of learning.
- Chinese Heart
- The International Department at NBFLS has been rapidly gaining international recognition by truly combining the best of East and West. Our international outlook wed with our Chinese heart and national spirit has created a multicultural environment encouraging students to be innovative and unique as they seek to become global citizens.
- Global Vision
- We are fully committed to a comprehensive Humanities education and so several elective courses are offered to Grade 11 and 12 including Human Geography, US History, World History, Art History, Economics and Psychology. These courses emphasize connections between social studies and literature while fostering a capacity for analytical writing, responsible research and critical thinking.
- Academic English
- English is the medium of instruction in all AP courses.In order to support student’s development of English, they are expected to speak English both inside and outside the classroom. This allows students to be better prepared for their academic studies for the AP exams, SAT tests and for their future college.
- Academic Program
- There is a comprehensive selection of courses including 24 Advanced Placement (AP) courses, as well as Pre-AP courses and Chinese curriculum courses that are taken each year in preparation for Zhejiang provincial Xuekao exams.
To allow students to study the full breadth of AP we also offer the full AP Studio Art programme as well as more common AP courses such as AP Calculus. All our AP courses are approved by the College Board through the AP Audit process. This is the most comprehensive AP program in a public school in China.
- University Matriculation
- 100% of NBFLS graduates enter colleges and universities around the world.
75% of students entered the top 50 US colleges and universities and top 20 UK universities.
Students of the class of 2017 enrolled in prestigious establishments such as The School of Art Institute of Chicago (US), UCLA (US), Penn State University (US), The University of Cambridge (UK), Imperial College London (UK), as well as preserving our record of enrolling students at Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne.